Enter the DARK side of Colchester and come face to face with some of the infamous and terrifying activity that has been documented across Colchester through its extensive and grisly history!
Built upon the ancient foundations of ancient Roman temples and buildings, Colchester also has links with the Witch finder General and the tragic women who perished here through execution, labelled as witches. With such a bloody history it is no wonder there are so many recorded cases of paranormal activity all over this historic town.
Witchcraft, hangings, and murder have all left their gruesome mark…
Now we invite you to experience the terror of those who have seen for themselves the ghosts, mysterious happenings and deep, dark secrets that haunt this otherwise beautiful Essex town.
Are you brave enough to encounter such legends as James Parnell, Alice Mellor and the Colchester Witches after dark, with nothing more than a single torch?
Don’t be afraid of the DARK…
…be afraid of what’s in the DARK!
THE DARK OPENING TIMES
|Friday 18th October||7.00pm – 11.00pm|
|Saturday 19th October||7.00pm – 11.00pm|
|Sunday 20th October||7.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Wednesday 23rd October||7.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Thursday 24th October||7.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Friday 25th October||7.00pm – 11.00pm|
|Saturday 26th October||7.00pm – 11.00pm|
|Sunday 27th October||7.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Monday 28th October||7.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Tuesday 29th October||7.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Wednesday 30th October||7.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Thursday 31th October||7.00pm – 12.00pm|
The first tour starts at 7:30pm every night,
then every half hour until close time.
The Dark Early Bird Special Prices
Price Per Person
Please note booking less than 8 places may group you with other attendees.
To book a private group, book all 8 spaces on the time slot. Subject to availability.
Early bird special prices available until midnight Friday 13th September.
The price form then onwards will be £22.50 per person.
Arrive No Later than 15 minutes before your booking time.
Because of the limited spaces, we will not be able to fit you into later times and we will not offer refunds. Please account for traffic on the way and give yourself plenty of time to arrive for your session.
- This event takes place in almost complete darkness.
- It is NOT suitable for those who are squeamish, claustrophobic, frail, pregnant or faint-hearted.
- NO under 14’s. Those aged 14-18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Only enter the attraction if you are physically fit to do so, the maze is in almost complete darkness and comprises some steps and ramps.
- Your group must stay together and hold on to each other at all times to avoid being lost in the darkness (maybe forever!)
- Any devices that emit light including but not limited to mobile phones, cameras or any kind of torch (excluding medical devices) are strictly prohibited during the tour and must be locked in a locker before entry as not to ruin the experience for yourself and others.
- Please arrive early (at least 15 minutes before your allocated slot) this will prevent any delay or disruption.
- We are unable to give refunds if you miss your start time.
- We require at least 48 hours notice before your booking to cancel your tickets, no refunds will be made after this time.
- The experience lasts approximately 20-25 minutes but can vary from group to group… you may find you want to run out after just 5 minutes!
- NO physical contact with performers or actors, you WILL be scared and your adrenaline will be pumping, but do not lash out!
- CCTV monitors the tour route.
FINDING THE DARK