DX’s Rollerworld & Laser Quest are a provider of recreational activities including, but not limited to roller skating, laser tag, karaoke and entertainment machines. By booking any of our activities you and anyone your booking for agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Roller skating and Laser Tag, like all sports, has risks that should be considered. Even thoroughly trained and experienced skaters have the risk of injury due to the nature of the sport.
- Neither the owner, the management, nor the staff of Rollerworld shall be liable for any accident or injury to any customer or third party.
- Accidents can occur through one’s lack of skill and experience or by collision with another third party. For this reason, skaters, players and other visitors understand they may be at risk of accidents and injury from both themselves or other parties.
- If you are a beginner skater, we highly recommend you consider taking lessons with our experienced roller skating instructors prior to attempting this sport. For more information, please see our available skating lessons and courses on Rollerworld.co.uk.
- All skaters shall properly behave and observe all rules including but not limited to the Rollercode and instructions given by members of staff. Failure to abide by the Rollercode or staff’s instructions will be liable for eviction.
- People considered at a higher risk should consult with a doctor before participating. This includes but is not limited to the following people, or people with the following conditions: elderly persons, pregnant persons, those that can not take care of themselves, related epilepsy, cardiovascular diseases, asthma, poliomyelitis, osteogenesis imperfecta or other bone diseases.
- Parents, carers or guardians have a duty to supervise their children. Rollerworld will not be held liable to those suffering damage as a result of a parent’s, carer’s or guardian’s failure to properly supervise persons in their care. All under 14’s must be accompanied by a parent, carer or guardian over the age of 18 in all sessions. Additionally, on Relaxed sessions, all under 18’s must be accompanied by a parent, carer or guardian over the age of 18.
- Skaters are forbidden to bring food or drinks on the rink.
- All personal belongings and valuable items must be placed in the lockers provided. Neither the owner, the management, nor any staff of Rollerworld shall be responsible for the loss, theft or damage to any property or belongings of any visitor.
- Please be aware that Rollerworld is a venue that welcomes visitors and staff with disabilities, learning difficulties and medical conditions that may not be visible. Any aggression or abuse directed towards any visitors or our staff will not be tolerated and will be liable for eviction.
- By attending Rollerworld, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- Our Rollercode is included in our terms and conditions. Everyone that enters Rollerworld must abide by the Rollercode:
- No dirty, damaged, oiled skates, skates with dangerous axels or skates with floor marking wheels or stoppers
- No aggressive inline skates
- All quad skates must have 2 good toe stops or jam plugs
- All skates are checked for rink worthiness
- If your skates are not up to these standards on entry or on the rink you will have to repair, replace or hire new skates.
- No entry or exit is permitted on skates
- Recommended Smart/Casual
- No loose items of clothing including but not limited to hats & jumpers tied around your waist on the rink
- No offensive clothing
- All shoes, coats, bags etc must be locked in lockers
- large bags will not be permitted into the venue
- Lockers cost a non-refundable 20p
- We reserve all rights of admission
- No pass-outs or re-admission
- Under 14’s (18’s for relaxed sessions) must be accompanied by a paying adult (18+) at all times in the venue
- A participating or non-participation ticket is required for entry for all activities
- We conduct security searches on entry to the venue as part of our commitment to keep our customers safe. Refusal of a bag or personal search will result in refusal of entry.
- This venue has steps and ramps
- Smoke and flashing light effects are used during skating sessions, Laser Quest and Karaoke during any time
- No professional or flash photography without the prior consent of Rollerworld management
- No phones or listening devices on the rink
- No swearing or anti-social behaviour
- No smoking, E-cigarettes or similar devices inside Rollerworld
Food & Drink
- No food or drink can be brought into Rollerworld
- Medical exceptions to this rule can only be made with a medical note where there is no alternative available in Rollerworld
- Drinking water fountains are available
- No Chewing gum anywhere inside Rollerworld
- Over 18’s only in the RollerBar (Challenge 25) – No excessive drinking
- CCTV is in 24 hour operation
- Any incidents must be reported in writing to Rollerworld management within 7 working days
- By attending Rollerworld, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials
- All participants of Laser Quest acknowledge that by the virtue of the nature of the game that there are risks of injury to yourself or others and injuries except for death or personal injury caused as a result of the negligence of Laser Quest at Rollerworld and its staff, Rollerworld and Laser Quest accept no liability.
- Personal belongings are to be stored in lockers for the duration of the game.
- All participants agree to abide by the instructions and rules given by the Laser Quest marshal.
- All participants are aware that this activity is of an intense nature and darkness, smoke, flashing lights, sound effects, obstacles, steps, stairs and raised levels are all part of the game.
- Running, climbing, and physical contact is not allowed while playing.
- Participants accept full responsibility for damage to the Laser Quest facilities and/or equipment caused by them.
- All medical, medicinal, and allergy information that may effect participation in Laser Quest needs to be told to the Laser Quest marshal before playing.
- Any event of equipment failing must be notified to a Laser Quest marshal immediately and complaints to be raised with reception. Equipment will be tested before resolving a complaint.
- All participants will abide by the RollerCODE
- As part of our commitment to keeping customers and our staff safe, Rollerworld conducts security searches on anyone entering the venue.
- Our security team will search all bags as part of our entry code.
- Customers will also be subject to a personal search by our security team.
- Refusal of a bag or personal search will result in denial of entry to our venue.
- No food or liquids of any kind are permitted to be brought into Rollerworld from outside. We have a café where refreshments can be bought.
- No Chewing gum anywhere inside Rollerworld.
- No bags larger than the size of Rollerworld’s lockers are allowed in the venue.
- All under 14’s must be accompanied by a parent, carer or guardian over the age of 18 in all sessions. Additionally, on Relaxed sessions, all under 18’s must be accompanied by a parent, carer or guardian over the age of 18.
- To apply for a Carer Pass you will need the following items:
- Filled in & signed Rollerworld Carer Waiver (available from reception)
- A valid Carer Certificate issued by Colchester Borough Council or Department for Work and Pensions.
- A form of Photographic Identification (Passport, Photocard Drivers Licence or National Identity Card)
- The pass gives you free entry to the venue to:
- Spectate during skating sessions while caring.
- If the person you’re caring for needs assistance on the rink we will provide a skating ticket & skate hire.
- Free Laser Quest tickets if caring for someone playing Laser Quest.
- Free Karaoke Suite Ticket if caring for someone singing in the karaoke suite.
- Please note that carers are not permitted to walk on the rink other than during the specific Relaxed Sessions.
- If you are coming to Rollerworld and you do not wish to apply for a card we will still need to check your Carer Certificate, Photo ID and a Carer waiver will need to be filled in on entry.
- Minimum of eight birthday party guests
- All Parties include a Party Meal
- Meal time is arranged by Rollerworld
- All food and drink is provided during meal time only.
- Meal time is a maximum of 30 minutes, your table will be cleared at the end of the 30 minutes to make room for other parties.
- You may bring a Birthday Party Cake which we will present for you.
- No balloons or decorations permitted in the venue.
- No other food or drinks permitted into the venue.
- Additional drinks + food can be purchased from the RollerCAFE.
- Drinking Water fountains available.
- Birthday Party space is available for the duration of the meal only
- The Birthday Party organizer – you – must ensure that each guest has 20p coins for lockers
- All coats bags shoes etc. must be locked in lockers
- Laser Quest will be played with other guests
- Party payment is taken in full on entry – either cash or card (deposits will contribute to the final cost of the party)
- Deposits are non-refundable at any time.
- Entry is subject to RollerCODE
- All terms outlined under skating apply to our group skating lessons.
- For lessons purchased in month packages, failure to attend a lesson date will not permit refunds or attendance to lessons not in the package you selected.
- Purchase of a single lesson is not available at this time on all ages group lessons.
- All medical, medicinal and allergy information must be provided on sign up for each participant. Failure to provide information may result in removal from the skating lessons.
- Skating lessons must be paid for upfront when booking online.
- We reserve the right to alter or cancel any part of the course.
Extra Laser Quest Games
- All online and on the door skating or Laser Quest receipts can be redeemed for a discounted Laser Quest game on the same session as the original activity.
- Discounted skating is also available for Laser Quest tickets only on the same session as the Laser Quest game.
- Discounted games can not be claimed by 3rd parties, only the original participant in the activity.
- This offer is subject to availability.
- To guarantee spaces the full price would have to be made for an online booking.
- Additional game discounts are only available on the door.
- There are no restrictions on who can own a skate pass provided they can skate. Monthly subscriptions can only be set up by over 18’s only.
- You cannot transfer or share your membership with anyone else.
- All passes require a photo to be taken on the first use.
- Pass holders must follow the Rollercode. Failure to do so may result in the membership being cancelled without a refund.
- A photo is required for each pass hold. This photo is taken on reception on your first visit and will be printed on your card.
- Your card will include a QR code and your photo to book you in and prove you are the holder of the membership.
- Lost or replacement cards will incur a £5 charge.
- If you paid for a monthly subscription you will be automatically charged each month to the card used.
- If a payment fails you will be notified and your membership will be put on hold until a successful payment is made or is cancelled.
- 12 month, 3 month and 30 day memberships will be charged a single payment and will not auto renew.
- If you wish to cancel your membership please contact us by email at email@example.com. Please provide your skate pass ID and name when requesting a cancellation.
- Skate pass payments are non-refundable. If you are charged after requesting to cancel please contact us.
- If your pass expired you can renew at Rollerworld reception by scanning your card then paying for a 12 month, 3 month, 30 day or monthly skate pass.
- Alternatively you can purchase a new membership only or on the door and receive a new card.
- Our pass prices and special offers are subject to change.
- We will give you at least 1 full months’ notice of any incoming price increase and will make it very clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase.
- During this period, you will have your usual right to terminate your membership. If you do not terminate the membership by the date given to you in the notice, then the price of your membership will be increased in accordance with our notice.
Tickets & Fees
- Entry is not permitted without an online ticket or paying at the door.
- You will receive a QR code on your online booking confirmation, this must be ready to scan on entry.
- Tickets cannot be re-sold to a 3rd party.
- For tickets paid at the door there is an additional walk-in fee which is added to each ticket.
- Tickets can be paid in Cash, Card or Gift Card.
- Any spectators or non-participating visitors, including, but not limited to parents, guardians and friends will need to purchase a spectator/entry ticket to enter.
Cancellations & Refunds
- For all bookings at least 48 hours notice must be given by email to receive a refund unless specified otherwise on the booking.
- For all bookings excluding events at least 1 hour’s notice must be given to move your booking to a new date or receive a credit note for the booking.
- All bookings that have had their date moved or paid for by credit note are non-refundable.
- For Amy Rainbow’s Private Bookings notice must be given by contacting Amy Rainbow here to receive a refund.
- For Parties, Private Hire & Exclusive Hire Bookings Deposits are non-refundable.
- No refunds will be provided if notice is not given by either email or through our contact form.
- On all online tickets, all booked persons must arrive at the same time. Any unused spaces will be checked in without a refund.
- Full prices for parties are made at the door on arrival and are non-refundable.
- For skating events, refund insurance is available, allowing refunds up to 1 hour before the event starts.
- Refund Insurance goes to the Rollerworld Skating Club and is non-refundable.
Our Terms & Conditions were last updated in June 2022.